Circa early 60s Vogue Paris Original Purple Coat

Astreakd

Registered Guest
Hi! I thrifted this Vintage Vogue Paris original purple coat and I can’t seem to find any information to who made it or anything similar to it. Can anyone help?
IMG_CD8CDD46-B4FA-4E72-873A-4A357B9C17DD.jpeg
IMG_0970.jpeg
IMG_0969.jpeg
IMG_CD8CDD46-B4FA-4E72-873A-4A357B9C17DD.jpeg

I agree, this label is from a Vogue Paris Original sewing pattern. Vogue Paris Original were always based on French/Paris-based designers. It's a great coat, but I don't think it's 1960s. With those raglan sleeves and that decorative topstitching, I'm seeing much more 1980s.

I've done a quick search around the Vintage Pattern Wiki, which unfortunately brought now exact result. But of course the Wiki only has what people have added there and it's never complete. This 1980s Givenchy pattern does not have raglan sleeves and the collar is different, but the silhouette and topstitching are similar features and the overall look and silhouette remind me of yours as well: https://vintagepatterns.fandom.com/wiki/Vogue_2606_A

I agree, this label is from a Vogue Paris Original sewing pattern. Vogue Paris Original were always based on French/Paris-based designers. It's a great coat, but I don't think it's 1960s. With those raglan sleeves and that decorative topstitching, I'm seeing much more 1980s.
I’m not sure either, I wanted to try out just sending a picture to ChatGPT to see if it could figure out anything and it said the silhouette and color are consistent with some 1960s high-fashion designs

I’m not sure either, I wanted to try out just sending a picture to ChatGPT to see if it could figure out anything and it said the silhouette and color are consistent with some 1960s high-fashion designs
TBH I wouldn't try ChatGPT on dating vintage fashion...

Back