Could this be a Stavropoulos? Thea Porter? Stephen Burrows?

helenheven

Registered Guest
Hi, Can anyone help identify who might have designed this gown? I'm not even sure whether it's 60s or 70s but it is incredibly well-made. -Unbelievably, the silk lining & the silk chiffon have identical patterns printed on them & somehow the designer managed to get them to line up perfectly - I've never seen anything like it! There are other high-end touches such as the incredible sleeves, weighted hem etc. - no label of any kind. I have searched & found some Stavropoulos gowns with similar sleeves, also Thea Porter & Stephen Burrows but am still unsure - I'd love to hear any guesses anyone might have - thanks!
PsychChffnDrssFFEn4840.jpg
PsychChffnDrssRSSlveEn4819.jpg

PsychChffnDrssLSlveEn4824.jpg

Hi - Thanks for your responses! Hanae Mori seems like a good guess - I found one of her pieces that had the silk lining & silk chiffon printed identically & the layers were lined up perfectly so that the image wasn't blurred - like this piece - I have attached a photo of the bottom of the dress with the chiffon pulled back exposing the silk lining. The only problem I'm having is I just haven't seen anything of hers that is quite so bright in such a Haight Ashbury way - this dress is bright orange & lime green with a swirling abstract floral print - very psychedelic!
Jody - Jean Louis is amazing - I'll check the zipper & report back. In the meantime, any other guesses? I'm also attaching a photo showing the split sleeve. Thanks!

Back