Date Check on Houndstooth check blazer

Patentleathershoes

VFG Veteran
VFG Past President
Am I right that this is early 90s and NOT 80s? I put this in the label resource as early 90s but just double checking :)

I remember having a few suits with a similar style of jacket when I had my first 9 to 5 job back 92-94. This is Jones New York.

Thought it was perfect candy cane - ish colors for the holidays. Nice red lining too.

jonesnycandycane.jpg

jonescloseup.jpg

Okay, I will admit, this is also a blatant excuse to show my co-afficianado of houndstooth check sees this. Right, Lin?
:P

Does it have shoulder pads, Chris? You can call it cutaway fitted and there is a scan for that I believe.

i think i have that scan somwhere...i think I saved it.

Yes, it does have shoulder pads, but shoulder pads went into the beginning of the 90s.

I am going to put this one in the mall. all of my clothing has moved to the mall as a matter of fact.

Haha!!:D It's lovely - I spotted the pic on the label thread and thought 'hmmm'.
To my huge annoyance, I've found I've got to be careful with a lot of the padded shoulder-jackets with not a lot to balance them out if you know what I mean - start looking like a footballer (us not British, although maybe British too...) There was a great burgundy tweed Jaeger one I left behind not so long ago 'cos it was too expensive for resale and it just bulked up my shoulders too much.
This one's lovely though! I await further acquaintance with Mr Jones and his work with interest...

L

I love Jones NY. I have a really classic silk suit by them and my 70s blazer that was gifted to me by my great aunt which i just adore that i had on the label thread. This one doesn't quite fit me...it is just a touch too big and the length of the arms are not for someone barely 5 feet tall such as myself otherwise it would probably be kept by me. (and the line somehow streamlines and de-emphasizes the, um, anatomy features, of the top half of the body just a bit if you know what i mean). I remember these types of jackets like I say in the early mid 90s, and I can't wear the linebacker shoulder pads either, but these are more creating an uninterrupted top line without having the full on 80s, "my shoulders are 30 inches wide and my hips are 2 inches wide" look :)

I really really wish I would have kept the things i got from the early mid 90s when i had my first 9 to 5 job. I had this fabulous suit that was very millitary looking. well actually it looked like a cross between that and a flight attendent for Lufthansa. why did i stupidly get rid of that? well, it didn't fit anymore. That would settle that. Not that the 90s is vintage, but there were some sharp suits I had.

Reminds me, I have two or three nice suits from the 80s I need to dig out.

Back