Dating a few gloves....

Patentleathershoes

VFG Veteran
VFG Past President
Here's a Lilly Dache'

From my latest finds :) With its original price tag too.
I am horrible at dating gloves. i would guess late 50s early 60s....but what do others think? I am certainly no expert on glove dating.

lillydacehlabelresource.jpg

lillydachegloves.jpg

Leather and faux python. It looks like ostrich but is probably not. instead of bumps it three tiny dots/almost perforation together. Ditto original price tag. It has no barcode. I know sears added barcodes in 86. These are from marshall field's so I don't know when they added them.

I just don't know on these! I am tossed up on date. They are certainly striking and very in tune with current trends.
Unlined so would be great to show off well beyond winter. could be 60s, 70s, or early 80s. Nice way to narrow it down, huh?

pythongloves.jpg

I have one more pair...loooong white leather opera length gloves with buttons at the wrist. But they need to be cleaned so not debuting them yet!

If anyone has any general tips on dating gloves in general, it would also be appreciated.

Chris

I love the pink ones!! They are very "Legally Blonde"!!

Good timing on the python ones. The newest Elle has a nice spread on snake skin items. Python looks to feature heavily this year.

(I hope our snake at work can't hear me!! We have a very sweet Rosy Boa snake named Roosevelt - Rosy for short. When I first started working at the Conservancy I was totally freaked out by him. But now I just love him!! Everybody laughs at me because I did such an about face. They say no one has ever fussed over Rosy the way I do!! :D )

~M

Well Rosy need not fear, as they are not real snake. definitely a synthetic inset, which is making me think later on these.

Oh, and we have a really big swamp snake in our yard that comes out every so once in a while and basks in the sun. She isn't aggressive or poisonous and just sort of hangs around once in awhile.

Anyhow....i digress...I looked in the label resource and this label wasn't in the Lilly Dache' section so was just guessing blindly on the date. Any idea if that is anywhere in the range?

A little birdie told me that they think the pink are late 50s. I am still leaning towards the other ones being more recent...no later than early 80s but still have no clue on how much earlier.

Back