20141229_141000.jpg

Attachments

• 20141229_141008.jpg
    20141229_141008.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 20141229_141036.jpg
    20141229_141036.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 223
The wide bow is fashionable toward the second half of the 1960s but because the toe isn't showing any sign of a square shape I would say they are mid 1960's.

Yes, I agree with Joules - the wide flat bow was revived during the '80s on shoes. I had a few pairs around '86-88 - the pointed toe of the early '80s had softened into more of an almond shape and wide, low heels like this one were popular too, as was the colour.

I found this obituary for Warren B. Woods :
"In 1978 they founded the Wm. B. Woods specialty stores. Bill developed a reputation in the shoe industry as one of the leading fashion retailers with an eye for design and quality."

Ah my bad, that would explain why the wide bow doesn't match the toe shape. I have some similar shoes myself from the 80's but the logo on these is quite old fashioned for 80's footwear. I couldn't make out the first part of the name or I might have found Nicole's link which confirms the 80's dating.

Melanie, I had a bit of trouble finding the label too: it's hard to read. They could be a little earlier too: the almond toe was popular in the late '70s and via google I couldn't find any '80s shoes this label - but I think it's safe to put them in the ballpark. I wonder what Jonathan thinks about them? I love the candy red pink colour. Uh, it's like my hair, that's why I like it.

Yes, I agree with Joules - the wide flat bow was revived during the '80s on shoes. I had a few pairs around '86-88 - the pointed toe of the early '80s had softened into more of an almond shape and wide, low heels like this one were popular too, as was the colour.

I found this obituary for Warren B. Woods :
"In 1978 they founded the Wm. B. Woods specialty stores. Bill developed a reputation in the shoe industry as one of the leading fashion retailers with an eye for design and quality."

That's why I cannot much information about Wm B. Woods.

Back