Ferragamo Salvatore??

Roxy De La Lune

Registered Guest
Hi!

I bought a cute pair of shoes in Oxfam a while ago and am trying to find out what era they are.

They say Ferragamo Salvatore in them. Is this a well known designer? I am so not up on designers!

I will post a pic if anyone thinks it's worth me doing?

Thanks for reading,

Roxy:love008:

Ooooh, and thanks for that interesting link:USETHUMBUP:

Mine looks like the third label down in your list.

By the way, the writing that curves around the heel appears to say 'Saks Fifth Avenue'. Is that of interest? :bouncy:

Salvatore Ferragamo died in 1963 so its the pre 1963 shoes that are the most desireable. Your pair are 80s and a Ferragamo take-off of the Raymond Massaro black patent toe cap beige shoes that Chanel popularized in the late 1950s.

Originally posted by Jonathan
Salvatore Ferragamo died in 1963 so its the pre 1963 shoes that are the most desireable. Your pair are 80s and a Ferragamo take-off of the Raymond Massaro black patent toe cap beige shoes that Chanel popularized in the late 1950s.
Hey! Thanks for that info:bouncy:

I thought they might be 70's 0r 80's so thanks for identifying them for me.:love008:

I have found that makers have been calling this type of shoe a "Chanel Toe". Or calling the toe feature that. I do not know if that has become an "industry term" or its really not.

Originally posted by Roxy De La Lune
Anyone have any tips for storing these?

At the moment they are in a sealed plastic box called a 'Really Useful Box'

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/images/products/box03l01.jpg
No-one have any tips for a beginner?:puzzled::eureka:

The 'Really Useful Boxes' are a god send to keep my collections in, but I'm not sure if leather should be kept in plastic?:puzzled::question:

Should I put silica gel sachets in the box?

Help! I don't have anyone else to talk to about these things! lol:violins:

As far as I know, the only thing dangerous to any type of leather or fabric can be the cardboard boxes they come in. Plastic or an acid free paper box would fine, but a regular shoe box that they come in, over time, becomes too acidic and can help dry or deteriorate an item. Keep the original boxes if you like, but don't store them in them necessarily. New shoes that you wear very often throughout the week and you aren't saving for posterity or more so aren't in the box too often might be another story

I keep old shoes (and corsets) in their original boxes (I don't have the space to store everything separately) but I make sure to wrap everything in acid free tissue paper to act as a buffer between the cardboard and the item. I change the tissue paper regularly too.

Lei

Back