Fun fake fur coats 80's or earlier?

coffeegrl

Registered Guest
Fun fake fur coats 80\'s or earlier?

Well I'm finally almost done taking my pics, but I just wanted to see what you all think of these fun fake fur coats - other than I think they're awesome, I'm not sure when they're from. TIA :)

Coat one

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

Coat 2

DSC04819.jpg

DSC04823.jpg

DSC04820.jpg

Thanks again!!

P.S sorry about the crumby pics, it's way to hot for me to even think of handling fur or wool outside to take pics on my mani - oh and I'm wondering, the first coat, do you think it's worth it to get it cleaned?? It'll cost alot for fur cleaning, but I wonder if it'd be worth it to do it? Thanks again!

I would put the first one at mid to late 70s (but I don't know when that Canadian ILGWU label would date from) and the second at late 60s to maybe mid 60s. These were huge in the 70s, but I've had some that dated back as far as the mid 60s.

Originally posted by vintagebaubles
I would put the first one at mid to late 70s (but I don't know when that Canadian ILGWU label would date from) and the second at late 60s to maybe mid 60s. These were huge in the 70s, but I've had some that dated back as far as the mid 60s.

As far as I know Karen is right about the Canadian union label used on this, I have some items that look to me to be later but all my research (hours of it) about union labels in Canada seems to end at 1984, so I guess I'll go with that then - it's the stamped ones that confuse me...but that's another thread :)

I kind of thought the 2nd one might be 60s, but I wasn't sure if it was 60s or 80s - cool, thank you everyone for the responses - I'll try the cold dryer, it's just the first one on the collar needs a refreshing. I may just sell as is, I was going to keep but they'll be too big on me by winter so we'll see :) Thanks all!

Is there a name for these coats??

Maybe I'll 60s/70s it and admit I'm not sure - if I list it -no probably I'll just put it as 70's, it's super cool whenever it's from!

Back