Fur coat help please

Megan Sheehan

Registered Guest
I have my late Grandmother’s fur coat that I have decided to sell. I was told it is Mink. I do not know anything about fur coats and I do not want to sell it for the wrong price. The only tag that is readable says “made in Greece.” The only other tag I am able to read has random numbers on it. I do not know if they mean anything. All information is greatly appreciated! The numbers are:
10867 44 491 Although the second number may possibly be an 8

Attachments

• IMG_8449.jpeg
    IMG_8449.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8448.jpeg
    IMG_8448.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8408.jpeg
    IMG_8408.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8409.jpeg
    IMG_8409.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8410.jpeg
    IMG_8410.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8411.jpeg
    IMG_8411.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8412.jpeg
    IMG_8412.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8450.jpeg
    IMG_8450.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 27
It is mink with a crystal fox trim. I'm not sure what the numbers mean, they don't appear to be the format for a Greek telephone number.

Hi there, Pretty jacket. The tuxedo style collar is crystal fox fur and the sleeves are crystal fox fur too down to the cuffs.
The sleeve cuffs and body of the jacket is pieced mink.
The numbers would have been used for identification purposes only.
I would date this to the 80s. When offering you’ll want to make a mention of the lining coming loose and pulling away inside the cuff as you’ve shown in one of the pics.
This is a piece one might buy because they like the look and want real fur for an affordable price.

Hi there, Pretty jacket. The tuxedo style collar is crystal fox fur and the sleeves are crystal fox fur too down to the cuffs.
I would date this to the 80s. When offering you’ll want to make a mention of the lining coming loose and pulling away inside the cuff as you’ve shown in one of the pics.
This is a piece one might buy because they like the look and want real fur for an affordable price.
thank you so much this really helps and I’ll definitely include the torn lining!!

Back