Guy Laroche dress 60s couture = $$?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by UBNYC, Aug 13, 2004.

1. UBNYC

UBNYC Registered Guest

Love this dress! (Wish it fit me) Has couture #, in beautiful condition. Any thoughts on decription or pricing? Would we call this a tulip skirt or a panel inset? the dress parts in the front & there is a fully line panel inset underneath.
    Thank you for your help!
    Elin

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I like that!

it's a split overskirt, but tulip might be a better keyword.

I would hope it would bring a good price, But I am no help on 50s and 60s pricing. I did start my Geoffrey Beene around $25 ansd it did go over $100.
    Hollis

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Unfortunately Guy Laroche does not seem to command the respect on
    Ebay that it should. This dress has so much going for it - style, fabric design.....it is wonderful and a great Summer into Fall dress too.

Hollis, would this skirt also be called 'redingote', or does that only apply to
    split skirts on dresses with long sleeves?

Sue

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I don't know, Sue. You know me - when you say redingcote - I think 1780s.

Hollis

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I think this dress is just lovely! As Sue said, Laroache suffers a bit of an image problem, due to all the licensing agreements I suppose. If you eBay it, I'd put a reserve on it and put the word "Couture" in the title. Show the label and the couture number in your pictures.

And speaking of labels, would you like to contribute a picture of this label to the label resource?

Thanks!

Lizzie