Has anyone heard of L’Amica (leather doctors bag made in Italy)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Heidi Zschech, Jul 24, 2024.

1. Heidi Zschech

Heidi Zschech Registered Guest

Hi I work in an IMG_2792.jpeg Op Shop and this amazing doctors bag came through but I can’t find anything on this designer. I’m very curious as I would like to be able to find out more and so I can price the lovely bag for sale. It looks very old!

Attached Files:

2. Googling reveals quite a lot of L'Amica bags with age claims from the 1960s to the 1990s. I'm inclined to think the latter.
    But, like you, I can't find anything about the company and have never heard of them before. Hopefully, others here may know more. :)

Similar (with ambitious pricing):
    https://www.etsy.com/in-en/listing/1436363368/
    Yours appears "well-loved", which may affect pricing.

3. Heidi Zschech

Heidi Zschech Registered Guest

Thanks so much for your reply :D Yes it’s strange there’s nothing about the designer… I saw that one (it’s been painted/stained you can see on the stitching) and some others, but some others the brand was Amica on some…without the L’…. maybe a different company… I think L’Amica means her friend… it is a Mystery…I’ll investigate it more when I go back to the Op Shop next week… just the logo is nice on this bag, what’s left of it…. The crest pattern… and another logo inside the bag with the two Gs, one in reverse… beautiful workmanship!

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

There are a bunch when I search [vintage l'amica Italy bag] and they seem to be mostly 80s. The big doctor bag style was really popular then.