Help dating a Nipon Boutique Dress/Identifying a Shirt

A

Alyssa

IMG_0294.jpg IMG_8131.jpg
I have two items that have been sitting around for years and I've finally registered here to see if I can find out more about them!

The first is a dress from Nipon Boutique; I got it at a thrift shop a decade ago. I've looked around online and have seen another item with similar coloring (black with multicolored ribbons) but the seller didn't know anything about it other than guessing it was from the '80s. Just wondering if I can get a little more insight!

I'm moving the second to another post!

(Sorry for the subpar pictures!)

Welcome to the VFG forum :) From what I can see in your photo, it has a 90's appearance. Can you see if there are any other labels; such as, union or care labels to help in further dating? The Nipon Boutique label was first used in 1976 based on information on the US trademark website.

Thanks for your response!

As for labels, there's one underneath the "Nipon Boutique" label with the sizes -- US 4, UK 8, D 34, and F 36.

Three more labels stacked on top of each other:
1.) DRY CLEAN ONLY
2.) (Underneath) "INT. LADIES GARMENT WORKERS UNION ILGWU AEAC 724333"
3.) (Underneath)
63707 SIZE 4
09934 SHADE 20
88% VISCOSE
12% LINEN
MADE IN USA

Apparently the International Ladies Garment Works Union merged with the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union in 1995, to form UNITE. So at least we know it's pre-1995!

Back