Help dating vintage handbag / anyone know this maker?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LabelQuery, Jun 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM.

1. LabelQuery

LabelQuery Registered Guest

I have a vintage handbag I’m looking for information on, if anyone can help. The exterior design looks 80s-like to me, but I don’t know enough about vintage bags to know if that’s right. It has a plastic zipper and the lining looks and smells like leather. The only tag is a brand tag that says Dolce Vita Fashion Designs Rome New York Paris. I’m also wondering if anyone is familiar with that company? Every search I try gets bogged down with either results about the contemporary company - which wasn’t founded until 2001 - or La Dolce Vita, the film.
    IMG_3955.jpeg IMG_3956.jpeg IMG_3965.jpeg IMG_3964.jpeg IMG_3957.jpeg IMG_3959.jpeg IMG_3963.jpeg

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

It's 80s. Nothing turned up in the RN look up, sorry.

If you search with Dolce Vita Bags, a bunch come up on Etsy, Ebay and they are identified as 80s.

3. LabelQuery

Thanks! Did you happen to see any with the same label? I did see a number of bags listed as 1980s vintage Dolce Vita - but all of the ones I looked at were Dolce Vita by Jackson, with brand labels that read Jackson, and I wasn’t sure if it’s the same company. No worries if not - I’ll go back and dig some more regardless.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Dig dig dig! I have a zillion projects here and cannot. But there's nothing in the RN site which leads me to believe that this was one of many manufacturers in the 80s who had one base and several arms.

This is 80s. I would bet my kitten on it. ; )

5. LabelQuery

Thanks again! I appreciate it. :)

bycinbyhand likes this.