Help Dating Wedding Dresses

Morjem911

Registered Guest
Hello! Just found this page. What a wonderful source of information! I’m hoping y’all can help me.

My daughter is getting married in Italy next summer. While waiting for an appointment at a bridal boutique, we stumbled upon this gorgeous long sleeve, high neck gown in the window of a seamstress shop next door. The owner didn’t have a lot of info, other than 13 years ago a girl had brought it in, said it was her great grandmother’s dress and wanted it altered to fit her. However, she found a dress at the boutique next door instead and just never came back for this one. The seamstress held onto it for 13 years, but decided to sell it when my daughter fell in love with it. It was exactly what she was looking for, but nobody’s making dresses like this anymore.

I’m hoping someone can help me get an estimate on what era you think it may be from.

We also just purchased the sleeveless one as an after wedding reception dress. It had the same feel, and pretty similar detailing to her wedding dress, but a little more casual. Any help aging it would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_9446.jpeg
    IMG_9446.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9434.jpeg
    IMG_9434.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9447.jpeg
    IMG_9447.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2102.png
    IMG_2102.png
    513.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2101.png
    IMG_2101.png
    505.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2015.png
    IMG_2015.png
    537.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9452.jpeg
    IMG_9452.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 51
Wow, it fits her so well that it appears to have been made for her, she looks lovely!
To clarify, you are showing two dresses here, one with sleeves, one without... and you are inquiring about the long-sleeved dress?
As Cin says, we need to interior photos, especially the zipper and even its pull. Is it a metal zipper?
Was it found in the US, or the UK, or??

Hello! Thank you so much everyone!

Yeah, everyone was amazed at the fit. Even the length was perfect. It was a little tight in the shoulders, but the seamstress is going to add buttons down the back and she said that will give her some more room.

I didn’t even think to get inside pics. I have some closeups of the outside, mainly because there was some damage. The ripped arm, and a red spot on the front. I also took a closeup of the back since she’s adding the buttons. And of the bottom lace because a piece was cut out of it that she’s also going to replace. Oh, I do believe it’s a metal zipper.

We found it in Texas, and we’re about 3 hours away. We have another fitting in November though, and I’ll get some inside pics then!

Thank you all again!
IMG_2107.png
IMG_2108.png
IMG_2109.png
IMG_2110.png
IMG_2111.png
IMG_2112.png

Back