Help Describing Interesting Lilli Ann Jacket Textile?

dorotheascloset

Registered Guest
100_5311.jpg

100_5316.jpg

100_5320.jpg

I'm sure its a mohair blend, makes sense....label is the pre '47 one, no Paris on it. Lined in silk crepe, wool trim lapel & french cuffs. What I cant describe in a way that sounds attractive is that "shaggy" look. Any great descriptors for it, does it have a name? Thanks! Ang

What I cant describe in a way that sounds attractive is that "shaggy" look

That didnt make sense!!!! I dont even know what I meant. Not enough caffeine I guess. Anyway, I can't come up with a way to describe that shaggy look.....and shaggy sounds horrible! Any ideas? Thanks......Ang

I have exactly the same jacket! The buttons are different though--they're rhinestone (don't match quite as well as yours, so probably they're replacements).

I haven't gotten around to listing mine, both because it has a couple of moth nibbles and also because I couldn't tell if the "matted fur" look (NOT a good keyword, I know...) was intentional or the result of age/damage.

So now the question is, since it's there by design, how to describe that shaven yeti effect?

A veil of short mohair dreadlocks?

Hopefully, someone will come along who has a precise term for this treatment. Otherwise, seems like the best way to make it sound appealing would just be to allude to its "textural interest" in the title and then elaborate (ie the striped wool has an overlay of fringe-like fur fibers, or something like that).

l suspect when it was new it didnt look like the cat had got at it...a mohiar blend is finely hairy....sorry but its looking a tad sad don;t you think? can you not comb it or preen it a little....? or even shave it? LOL

Mohair dreadlocks?!?!? :hysterical:...That cracked me up!

I think I would say something like, warm - cuddly - fluffy mohair

Tiffany

Sara, its intentional.....I guess its a novelty weave or something. Glad to hear someone else has it to know for sure, but with it being an all over effect I didnt really question it. This is really in pristine condition. Almost like some fibers have been "plucked" (similar to pulling hair through a frosting/highlighting cap!!!!!)....but its uniform, and really pretty in real life. Gives it neat dimension.

Yes, the buttons look like carved abalone to me....really neat ones, I assumed original.

OK, well "yeti" and "cat got it" aren't really effective selling points. In a way it reminds me of eyelash cotton......wish I had some idea what it was called. HAD to have a name, you'd think......

to allude to its "textural interest" in the title and then elaborate (ie the striped wool has an overlay of fringe-like fur fibers, or something like that).

Thats probably the best angle, short of an actual term. Thanks! Ang

Back