Help Identify "EF Eurofashion" Label (no other branding)

Neptrmae

Registered Guest
Hi y'all!

I've come across this 3 piece set in an estate sale. I'm trying to identify the year (or general vintage age) of the set and hopefully a more specific maker. The only label is "EF EUROFASHION", made in England, which I've come to understand is a collective of other brands, not an independent producer? I may be wrong on this, but even when I reverse searched the label image nothing came up... Either way, I'm hoping to learn more about this if anyone recognizes the pieces/label!
3 piece set EF.jpg

Please let me know if y'all have any ideas or resources for me to check out!

Thank you!

Attachments

• EF label.png
    EF label.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 167
Hi - there are a couple of 'Eurofashion EF' trademarks registered in the UK, both with holders based in Italy. lol, I wish I'd never looked now as it raises more questions than it answers!

I've never come across this label before.

I think your set looks roughly 70s, maybe even 80s, though you don't usually see Made In England in the 80s. Does it have a care label/instructions, as that might help with dating?

Hmmm... I had the same borrowing effect on the trademark! It's still very confusing. But there weren't any other labels for materials.. either removed or never included (didn't find evidence either way). I didn't know that the 'made in England' would was less common in the 80s (I'm very new to this) so thank you for the help!

Manufacturing in the UK happens less and less as the decades go on.

But more than that, the phrase Made In England (or Scotland, or Wales), tends to be replaced first with Made in Great Britain, and then with Made in UK/Made in the United Kingdom. There's no exact timeline for this, and there is nothing to stop anyone using Made In England in the 80s or even today. But from all the garments I've handled, I've noticed generally Made In England is most common in the 60s and earlier, and Made In Great Britain starts being more common in the 70s and 80s, and Made In UK, starts being used from the 80s and 90s onwards. I do have a document from Marks and Spencer, that states on their labels Made In Great Britain starts being replaced by Made In UK during the 80s

Apart from the M&S information, these are just my personal observations, and shouldn't be taken as a definite rule. There can always be exceptions in either direction.

Back