Help identifying the era of this fabulous skirt suit!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LuckycharmVintage, Aug 27, 2024.

1. LuckycharmVintage

LuckycharmVintage Registered Guest

Hello lovely people of the VFG!

I've been in a bit of a pickle over this stunning suit set. It's homemade, out of stiff white printed canvas feel fabric. It has a great little skirt and jacket, both in brilliant condition. My immediate thought would be late 1930s perhaps 1940s cusp, but now I'm second guessing myself and am intrigued to know whether this is actually a good later (70s or so) replica.... I would love to hear what you all think!

I've attached a range of photos below to give a good idea of make up and style.

Please note that the first photo, I have shaped the waist slightly to cinch with my mannequin. The skirt has been pinned too as it is a little big on her!

Attached Files:

Andrii, Shusteroo, retro ruth and 2 others like this.
  2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Wow that is cute! I can see why you're confused. I am too.

Could you post a pic of the zipper pull? It might help date it.

3. Cute!
    My first impression is 70s... but...
    You say you "shaped" the waist of the jacket... can we see the jacket without this artificial shaping?
    I, too, would like to have a look at the zipper pull.

4. LuckycharmVintage

Thank you both! So — pics 4 show it un-shaped and open and 1& 3 is shaped! sorry, got confused with my photo order! Oops.

i'll get a photo of the zipper pull and a flat lay tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

northstarvintage likes this.
  5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I am seeing 1970s. And boy is that cute!

6. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

It doesn’t look 70s to me. I would’ve guessed it’s early-mid 60s.

7. LuckycharmVintage

Hello everyone!

As promised, please see extra pics below :)

Attached Files:

8. LuckycharmVintage

I've also just has a better look and I can see that the Zipper pull is 'Mega' brand.