Help on vintage Maxi Skirt!

b*a*vintagequeen

Registered Guest
This maxi skirt has a back metal zipper, and is made of a heavy woven fabric. It reminds me of a mexican blanket material.

1108826522157_pur2.JPG

1104857236882_pur6.JPG

Here is the back of the fabric

1107750198083_pur3.JPG

So any help on how to describe this? Hippie...Yes??!?!

It looks more atomic-y to me. Not atomic really, but more geometric than hippie. Nice colors too. looks like purple, some sort of periwinkle, and gray to me.

I was thinking atomic-y but thinking a maxi would be the wrong era to call it that. so therein lies the dilemma. Is it a wool knit of some sort?

whoops...need to reboot again...image overload for my browser!

I dont want to say knit, as to me that seems like a lighter weight fabric. Not so heavy that it would not be comfortable but definately has a LOT of body to it.

The only tag in it is a dry clean only tag, but an older one and there is a piece of a small white tag where you can see Lot No...

I wish I could touch the fabric, yea like I'm some fabric expert....from my monitor it looks like a polyester blend of some sort. I said from my monitor that is...Hit me now!

I dont think it is Poly at all, it has a rough woven texture to it on the outside, thought the underside is smooth. The purple and black stripes have a nubby feel to them.

Come on Tori just reach through here and touch me...

REACH OUT AND TOUCH ........do you hear that music now!

Did you do a burn test Susan?

That is a really cool pattern. I think someone will buy it regardless of the exact fabric. To me the more I look it reminds me of expensive upholstery fabric.

Back