Help with dating a dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lucile carre, Jul 31, 2024.

1. Lucile carre

Lucile carre Registered Guest

Hi there,

I recently acquired a beautiful dress under the brand 'Flynow' and am curious to determine its age. In my search, I discovered a similar brand called 'Flynow Bangkok', which was founded in 1983. However, I'm not certain if they are the same, as the label on my dress differs from the current label, though the target audience and style seem similar.

I would appreciate any insights you can provide. Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_20240731-235931.png Screenshot_20240731-235936.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2024
    BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  2. Lucile carre

Adding more pictures in case this is more helpful

Attached Files:

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Lucile carre

Hi Midge, thanks for taking a look at it. It doesn't have any care label except for the 'professional dry clean only' I have shared.
    I have done some researches on the brand (flynow which is a fashion brand from Thailand) and learned that they try to penetrate the UK (where I found the dress) market in the 1990's before retrieving after the Asian financial crisis in 1997. To me it could be an indication that this dress is from the 90s era. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

5. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

You did great with your research- It is spot on! If you search poshmark for "flynow" (no spaces) you will pull up a few pieces. From what I am seeing the most recent and modern pieces have a label like yours. Here is a label from a brand-new skirt...
    Either way it is a very cute dress and you're giving it a second life! [​IMG]

6. Lucile carre

Hi Midge, thanks so much for giving me this new insight ! I was able to find the skirt you shared with me on Poshmark. I translated the care label in Google and it indicates that the skirt is from July 2005 so the dress is likely from the end of the 1990s early 2000s. Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
  7. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

Brilliant!