Help! Women's Tony Lama Boots

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lanky_J, May 22, 2013.

1. Lanky_J

Lanky_J Registered Guest

I am having a hard time trying to identify and price these boots I've had! They are in really good shape, and have all the necessary identifiers on there, but I still can't find anyting on them. Hopefully some boot enthusiest out there can help me. :) photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG
    photo 1.JPG

2. joules

joules VFG Member

We don't offer pricing suggestions.
    Tony Lama company is very helpful with information, if you'll write to them with the photos and reg. and style no. above.

Great boots!

Oh wait, I was thinking of Justin, as I have had wonderful assistance when writing to that company, in the past. Can't recall with Tony Lama exactly, but try it.

3. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Have you searched on ebay? There are several thousand pairs currently for sale and sold listings to search through. I have a nice pair (though not as nice as yours) of Tony Lama boots waiting to be listed. And when I do list I'll research ebay along with other selling venues to get an idea of current value.

4. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Great boots! And I agree with Alice to check eBay current and sold listings. When I have boots, I almost always list them on eBay, and there are always good "comparables" to look at for pricing and even, sometimes, dating help. I'm thinking yours may be from the 80s, with that blue shaft. Although they probably made (still make?) colored shafts on their boots, the toe shape looks older than contemporary, but I'm not sure....

There are also a couple of sites that specialize in vintage & used boots--you may be able to find a pair like yours on those sites.

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I suspect these look a totally different colour in daylight, could you possibly take another picture?

The leather symbol sticker on your boots looks like the less uniform style to me so I suspect they are earlier in the history of material content marking, it looks very similar to those I have on 1960's shoes but the colours are more 1970's.

When I contacted Tony Lama about a pair of vintage boots they took 2 months to give me an approximate age by their archive department, and couldn't tell me anything else. However your boots have very clear markings, so perhaps they will have some info on them. You don't lose anything by sending them an e-mail.

6. joules

joules VFG Member

I'd estimate 70s to 80s for these. Please let us know if you receive a response from the maker.