How do I clean this-or should I?

raincitytreasures

Registered Guest
This Pucci top is mint-except for some yellowish discoloration at the collar fold line. How should I clean it, or should I?

The flaw:

pflaw.jpg

Pucci-Front.jpg

I am a bad dater.... but I am wondering if this is later...... early 80's possibly. Still really stinking cute.

I would clean it following the care instructions. Maybe rub a bit of shampoo into the collar to get the yellow out....

I have used white vinegar on the offending area with decent results. It at least does no harm if you try and find out you didn't use enough.

I never tried shampoo...but i will remember that one next time Alana. makes sense though.

A radical method is to use peroxide but only to dab it and let it dry/spot clean it without washing it, but like i say, that is more radical and it can't touch any of the other colored areas of the shirt. So risky but an extreme measure if nothing else works.

yes.... I find shampoo works well on stains from the body (oils, etc.) and it is really gentle. Personally, I use my kids shampoo..... it seems to work the best. (plus it is no more tears!!)

(plus it is no more tears!!)

hee hee. And we care about the emotional well being of our items as well as the physical . :) its'a serious job you know :)

According to his history, he retired in 1990 and died in 1992. Since this has the "Emilio" signature in several places, can I take it that this is probably 1989-90? The history site I found said there was a big boom in Pucci at that time, with Paloma Picasso and Madonna wearing his clothes. Also, the top is a polo, which is a bit preppie, which would help with that era.

http://www.designerhistory.com/historyofashion/pucci.html
the site I found a history

I just crossreferenced a peek into the label resource and that version of the label is not in there. Perhaps Lizzie would like to have it!

http://www.vintagefashionguild.org/labels.php?labelno=260&mode=search

At any rate, your reasoning about the preppiness sounds very logical. i was thinking along the lines that preppy stuff would be earlier 80s, but the cuts started to become more generous in the later 80s/early 90s for that sort of thing. I know it is difficult to tell as i don't know the size but it looks like it hangs/lays differently than some of those more body conforming less boxey polo/preppy shirts from the flip side of the decade.

In reading that link that you provided (thanks!) I wonder what the Lacroix for Pucci labels look like. Maybe they just say "Lacroix for Pucci".?? it says there was some knitwear in the past few years as well.

Chris

Back