I need some help with this....

gaildavid

VFG Member
Actually, I need help with lots of things tonight :USING:

I will start with this dress needing some keywords and flower identification...

red1.jpg

No label on the dress but there had been one. It has the feel of poly :sniff: but an unusual print so I am going to give it a try on ebay tomorrow. Any ideas on this flower or the big red ones all over the dress?

red4.jpg

red5.jpg

I am really having trouble with keywords...Thanks alot.

Gail

Here is a tip for polyester when listing something poly. Remind people that a good point of polyester is due to the nature of the fabric, it will hold its color with vibrancy for many years to come. Those flowers won't fade in the summer. That is why cotton/poly blends hold their color longer than plain cotton. They have a softer hand than poly, but have the colorfastness that cotton lacks. Cotton allows for wonderful prints too but if someone is rough on something and it is washed many many times, the cotton will soften up nicely, but over time it will lose a bit of vibrancy.

Depending on the weight of it, some polys, particualrly modern ones can be confused with rayon and behaves like it unless you are really "in the know".

I don't know about KW, but

"Bold Garden Diva" comes to mind.

well I figure with poly...there is good and there is bad. When it is bad it is very very bad, when its good its excellent. I have seen a lot of people sell it almost "apologizing" that its polyester in its store listing, and who would want to buy something that is presented in a negative light? Unless of course you are that seller's whose gimmick is to be really cranky. I can't remember who that is, but they are out there.

Back