Info on a Vera Neumann Dress

shelly41

Registered Guest
Hi again, I have a second dress I'm trying to get some more info on. I think maybe it's mid 1970s based on the label. I couldn't find an exact match on your label resource, but comparing what's there with what I found on this website (https://adirondackgirlatheart.com/collecting-vintage-vera-neumann), that's when I would estimate the age. Does that seem right? Interesting that I don't see any black labels though, so just wanted some input.

Thanks,
Shelly

Attachments

• image_67162369.JPG
    image_67162369.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image_67522305.JPG
    image_67522305.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image_67236353.JPG
    image_67236353.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 88
Hi, no shoulder pads. There's a square white label near the black label, (see pic) but it's blank. I think the garment was washed too many times and the text has faded. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-2887.jpg
    IMG-2887.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 85
Are there any other labels? The silhouette and style look more '80s to me - are there any shoulder pads?

Nicole

LOL, I remember the 1980s shoulder pads... I always used to cut them out as soon as I got the garment home from the store. I was on my college rowing team and my shoulders were big enough already, thanks!

I agree that the style looks more 80s.
Is there any indication that there used to be a waist tie? Any little thread loops at the sides?

Yes - I forgot to say there is a waist tie and thread loops at the sides! Also I'm not sure what kind of material the dress is, but it feels synthetic to me.

Yeah shoulder pads were an interesting fad haha! I never really liked them either

Back