James Bond fashion show

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by claireshaeffer, Feb 13, 2024.

1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

There is a James Bond fashion show scheduled for this Thurs. in Palm Springs as part of Modernism Week. Anyone want to joint me?
    Vintage shopping is on Sat. I'm going late to avoid too many temptations.
    I'll work on photos. I even have a dress--black with big red heart pockets.
    Claire

2. poshthreads

poshthreads VFG Board Member

Claire,
    That sounds fabulous! I wouldn’t be able to make it this weekend, but I am due for a Palm Springs trip soon. Please post pics of your outfit/ the event if you are able.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Oooh sounds like fun. Wish I could make it! I love Palm Springs and all the shops and old houses. Maybe in the future we can meet up. And yes, we would love to see the dress!

4. claireshaeffer

Diana, Please let me know when you are coming to PS.
    There's shopping tomorrow. I'm going late. I don't need to buy anything. and the fashion show isn't until Sun.
    Barbara, ok plan a day soon.
    Both of you. There's a great pub near by.
    I have a Cardin adorable dress.

5. claireshaeffer

Here's an update.
    The fashion show was fun. I did a very short YouTube. Here's the Link:

I learned something from VFG labels; I wasn't familiar with Paganne and didn't know that Malcolm Starr was not a person but just the business name.
    The Paco Rabanne pieces were fabulous; but I have one (bought from a VFG dealer) that I like better.
    The Pucci designs are probably the easiest to wear "forever."

I also went to the sale--no, didn't buy anything--lots of caftans, but a few nice expensive rtw.
    Many dealers from so. CA.
    I'll post next year's dates early with the hope that some of you will join me.
    Oh, the weather was incredible: sun, moderate temperature.