Jean Patou

Help! I checked the label resource and this label is not on there. I am puzzled on the date, I *think* 60's due to the lapel and the buttons. I cannot find much "for sale" on the designer of Jean Patou, any help would be appreciated. All I have is the single breasted jacket, no skirt. :(
ebay052708no012.jpg

ebay052708no014.jpg

ebay052708no016.jpg

ebay052708no018.jpg

not catagorically ..l have some patou as l collect scarves.....I would estomate it to be c1950- early 60s....am wondering about the way its sticthed or resticthed in, not respectfully eh??...any detailing that special on the jacket...as it may be a marriage...where did you buy it??

If you type in Google - Jean Patou suit 1960's or Jean Patou suit 1950's you will find a few Patou's for sale in current or previous auctions. Several designers have worked for the House.

Can you show the button shank - to see how the buttons were put on? I am a bit bothered by the label which has been repositioned - if it is the original label. The lining looks tricot or is it silk?

The jacket could be 70's although Patou produced some acid colours in the 60's and it may be that my monitor is picking up a brighter, sharper red. Pity the skirt is missing.

Back