Lacroix Label: Help Needed

IronCurtain

Registered Guest
Hi All,

I've recently acquired a sweater with Cristian Lacroix label on it. I've checked the Label Resource on VFG and I don't seem to find it. Please could you help me identify the category of the item, ie. couture/signature/diffusion? It states 'made in Italy' and 'modèle depose'. My guess is that it was made post-2009 after the Christian Lacroix name was sold as licenses. If so, what do you think would be the value of this sweater? Thanks!
Cristian Lacroix Label.jpg

I can help only a little. This is a rtw--ready-to-wear--label.

One thing to remember when looking at labels: if it has a size, it isn't couture.

Thanks Clair! As for the size in couture garments, is it
always true? I found size 34 indicated on this Escada couture skirt:
escada couture.jpg

Yes, this is a high-end rtw garment. Givenchy started using "couture" on its labels 15-20 yrs. ago. An haute couture garment is made for a specific client. In the US, couture describes expensive rtw. Boutique also means rtw.

Yes, as Claire mentioned, a couture garment isn't a standard size; it's made to measure. So any garment with a size label is not couture.

As per the VFG forum rules, we are unable to offer valuations but if you search for similar items online you should be able to find an estimation of what it's worth.

If you can show us a photo of the whole garment we might be able to help date it but knitwear can tend to the classic in style and be hard to date. The only other thing that I can add is that it does look like a modern (post '90) label.

Yes, as Claire mentioned, a couture garment isn't a standard size; it's made to measure. So any garment with a size label is not couture.

As per the VFG forum rules, we are unable to offer valuations but if you search for similar items online you should be able to find an estimation of what it's worth.

If you can show us a photo of the whole garment we might be able to help date it but knitwear can tend to the classic in style and be hard to date. The only other thing that I can add is that it does look like a modern (post '90) label.

Thanks Nicole. My apologies, I did not intend to break VFG rules.

Back