later schiaparelli? help with date would be lovely!

Hattysattic

VFG Secretary
oh dear. i appear to have gone on an uncontrollable spending spree in the last few weeks, failing to list anything at all for weeks and generally being a bit lazy...so now i've realised that being asset rich, cash poor is all very well but i really ought to sell some stuff..before my house collapses under the weight of it all!

help with dating this would be good. i *think* it's early 60's, as i found one reference to the pink label schiaparelli, as being post 1954, ready to wear label - so under license?

anyway, is it worth listing? there are approx 4-6 beads missing from the neckline, and i should really get it drycleaned. i've photographed it as found - needs steaming at lkeast, sorry! i love the neckline, and the 2 zips..and it fits me - i just have no idea about desirability of later schiaparelli, so do i keep or sell?

grateful for any advice as ever! and i will be back with a shoe question very shortly..

Really, cute, Harriet. I'd be tempted to keep it if it fit.

Yes, early-mid 60s and a licensed product. Dresses are somewhat rare with that label. I suspect it would sell quite well, even though it isn't older Schiaparelli.

Lizzie

well, have found a dry cleaners that will do bulk lots for me for a reasonable price (why is dry cleaning so expensive in the UK? how much is it in the US?), so think i'll dry clean this witha few other nice pieces and then sell. i intend to be thinner by summer anyway, and then it would be too big (ahem...) ..but also have decided that another year without doing at least one music festival would be a shame (plus i need to induct small son into the ways of live music) and therefore need to set about paying for tickets!!

:headbang:

Wow, that is nice.

Never thought about approaching my dry cleaners for some bulk cleaning. Hmmmm.

Back