Levi 505-0217 XX

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Derby, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Derby

Derby Registered Guest

Hi,

I’m looking for a little advice on the age of this pair of Levis, I’m unsure of their age or authenticity.

They should be a pair of Big E 505-0217 XX Selvedge jeans.

a few things that confuse me…

The Big E is in gold lettering - could be a rare pair produced for gold Olympians

They are produced in Turkey - shouldn’t be an issue as Levis shifted some production to there in the 80’s?

The care label inside caters for other languages - does this contradict the above?

Bought from an online seller to flip, don’t want to be reselling a pair of fakes! All advice welcome

Attached Files:

2. Derby

Derby Registered Guest

More images

Attached Files:

3. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

That looks like the modern care label (going back to at least 2006). Levi's did a reissue of Big E pants not that long ago, so I would expect those to be from that batch - due to the care label. As far as I can tell, those reissues sold out really quickly and have been popping up all over online, marketed as vintage and as the reissue, or without any acknowledgement. I can't see the gold glitter you are referring to, so I have no idea about that! Is it embedded or surface? I also have never heard of Levi's being an Olympics sponsor, so no idea if that is a valid hypotheses. But, it would certainly make them different from the standard, therefore more doubtful they are older that 2000s.

4. Derby

Derby Registered Guest

Hi, thanks for confirming the care label dating. The levi letters appear to be stitched in gold lettering, can be seen from the first picture.