Liberty of London Ltd ''VIGNETTE''

Punda milia

Registered Guest
Can anyone please tell me more about a dress made of this Liberty fabric? The label say Fashion Flair pure silk-dry clean only hand woven in India. The name of the fabric is printed in the seems. Thank you.

Attachments

• DRESS.png
    DRESS.png
    660.3 KB · Views: 353
Hi,

Can you show us, or tell us every word it says in the selvage/seam? The name of the fabric, etc. It is pretty, but it does not look like any Liberty Of London fabric I have seen. Is it perhaps a different Liberty company?

dress 2.png
dress 3.png
Hi,

Can you show us, or tell us every word it says in the selvage/seam? The name of the fabric, etc. It is pretty, but it does not look like any Liberty Of London fabric I have seen. Is it perhaps a different Liberty company?
Hello and thanks for taking an interest. I'll post more photos as soon as possible. It says LIBERTY (followed by R in a circle) of LONDON PRINTS Ltd. exclusive design. (followed by C in a circle) ''VIGNETTE''
The design reminds me of Clarice Cliff designs. The fabric feels like good quality cotton; the label says it is pure silk.
I'm curious about it and not sure what to do with it!
Regards
Deb

Yes, larger photos will be helpful - I feel like an old lady squinting at these, they're just too small to see what we need to see.

Here are some instructions on getting the best results with queries, the information that would be helpful and there's a link to resizing photos too.

I agree that it's an unusual dress and fabric for Liberty - do you have any photos of the labels please?
Sorry for the delay folks - with I hope these pictures are more helpful.....
DSC_0114.jpg
DSC_0112.jpg
DSC_0111.jpg
DSC_0110.jpg
DSC_0109.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg
DSC_0107.jpg
DSC_0106.jpg
DSC_0105.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 342
I doubt the label too. The fabric looks and feels more like a good quality strong cotton, all in good condition as the dress seems unworn. It was the fabric that attracted me to rescue the dress from a charity shop over 20 years ago.

You could try emailing Liberty a picture of the fabric and selvedge information, and see if they can look in their archives. I don't know if they will respond, but sometimes companies with such long histories do have someone to answer these kind of questions.

I have a dress in my stock cupboard that is has a label stating it is a Liberty Fabric, alongside the label from the designer. Presumably Liberty supplied such labels, though in this case it's just the selvedge telling you the origin of the fabric.

Maybe the label came off in the wash and got sewn back onto the wrong garment?
The dress does have a home made look about it. I emailed Liberty with photos on Sunday eve and they have said they will send them on to the fabric team. I'll let you know what they say.

Back