Looking for an info about this cute handbag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by June2024, Jun 16, 2024.

1. June2024

June2024 Registered Guest

Hi, I am looking for any information about a little handbag that used to belong to my Grandmother. I think it is likely from the 60s based on the style. It measures 7 in x 8 in x 3 in. The exterior is made to look like reptile skin in a red and back colour. The hinge and clasp look like brass. The clasp is reminiscent of one I saw on a bag made by Linslade of London. But this bag has no labels or other markings.

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi!

Would you be able to show us a few more photos, such as the interior, the bottom and the side?

3. June2024

Sure.

Attached Files:

4. denisebrain

Do you mind if I ask when your grandmother was alive (or is she still)? The clasp and frame on this bag looks older than 1960s to me, but this isn't my forte.

5. June2024

Well, My grandmother died in the 80s. I agree that it might be older than the 60s but I didn't want to presume. Knowing my Grandmother it is not a designer bag but could have been purchase in Europe, Canada or the USA.

6. denisebrain

A couple of handbags that I could find with the same basic design are dated to the 50s.

From here
    Dpg69Feb50HampFA.jpg

From here

revita_gator1.jpg

7. June2024

Thanks! That's at least narrows it down to a decade.