Looking for information on Gerard Saint Albin

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by versachampagne, Jun 9, 2024.

1. versachampagne

versachampagne Registered Guest

Hello, this is my first post on this forum (forgive me if I lack knowledge I'm trying to learn) I saw this shirt on a website, but it intrigues me. I don't know this label which looks indeed vintage (I looked in the resources I can't find anything about it) so I would like to know if anyone knows this brand. Finally, I can't date the shirt, I would say 80's but I have a doubt? If anyone can help me, thank you in advance my English is not perfect as I am French. Thank you 6665ff46e0126_download.jpg 6665ff65970b9_download.jpg 6665ff88911b6_download.jpg

Shusteroo likes this.
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome!

Would you call those prints Provencal? Beautiful.

I could find 2 mentions of Gerard Saint Albin in the Daily News (New York) dating from 1970: Daily_News_1970_10_08_page_137.jpg

Daily_News_1970_04_11_page_163.jpg

3. Shusteroo

Shusteroo VFG Member

I love the pattern, it's very pretty!

versachampagne likes this.
  4. versachampagne

Yes it's Provencal print! I've seen more stuff from him with similar print on etsy it seems to be his ADN! Thanks a lot for your help I wonder how you guys find all these informations it's amazing I'm going to ask more on this forum it's my first post and truly appreciate it ! :)

Retro Ruth, Shusteroo and denisebrain like this.
  5. Andrii

Andrii Registered Guest

Hi, I would say the shirt is quintessential 70s judging on a color and overall folk vibe. The style of care label is post 1963 and pre 1985, and also feels very 70s to me considering the listed symbols and compostion / cleaning info. I almost certain it’s mid to late 1970s.

versachampagne likes this.
  6. versachampagne

Thanks it really helps me!! Truly appreciate it