Made in Italy: The VFG Fashion Parade for the week of July 8

denisebrain

VFG Vice President
Staff member
VFG Past President
Custom dimensions 550x366 px (2).jpg

Made in Italy

Ciao Bella! This summer, vacation on the Amalfi Coast, or just dress as if you were there. Vintage Italian garments featuring bold prints, intricate embroidery, and exquisite tailoring are the perfect way to capture the spirit of luxury. The "Made in Italy" label denotes meticulous attention to detail, innovative use of high-quality materials, and often a zesty style that elevates a wardrobe to head-turning levels.

The mid-20th century, particularly the 1960s, is often considered the golden era of Italian fashion. The Swinging Sixties ushered in iconic Italian designers such as Pucci, Missoni, and Valentino. In the 1990s, brands like Armani, Versace, and Cavalli left indelible marks on the fashion world, creating easily identifiable pieces that are sought after by collectors and fashion enthusiasts.

At the VFG, we find that wearing Italian fashion is a celebration of fashion history and a delightful nod to Italy's flamboyant spirit.

canalijacket01.jpg
Canali Mens Linen Sport Coat/Jacket Made in Italy

80sitalianbag01.jpg
Vintage 1980s Leather Handbag Embossed Faux Alligator/Reptile Sudhaus Made in Italy

pucciblockscarf01a.jpg
Emilio Pucci Silk Twill Small Carre Scarf Geometric Block Print Gray/White/Black/Navy Blue

ferragamobutterfly01.jpg
Ferragamo Silk Necktie Pale Yellow and Blue Butterfly Print Made in Italy

60scoatdressitaly.png

Vintage 1960s Wool Knit Coat and Dress Ensemble Made in Italy Giancarlo by Agatha

Last edited:
I have niente currently for sale that was made in Italy, but I once had the pleasure of offering this 1950s beaded silk taffeta dress by Sorelle Fontana.
ltbluebeadedformalrome1.jpg

Remembering the family of 1970s Famolare Amsterdam clogs I had—and kept and wear one red pair.
famolarefamily.jpg

Also, this 1980s Moschino leather motorcycle jacket
moschinomotorcyclejacket.jpg

Last edited:
Coming soon to my Etsy shop...

SILVANO of Roma for Heiser Rare 50s Peach Floral Flared Shirtwaist Designer Dress - Size UK8
upload_2024-7-7_23-19-19.jpeg

JOHN GALLIANO Orange Floral/Elephant Print Large Scarf/Shawl circa 00s
upload_2024-7-7_23-23-24.jpeg

Available now in my Etsy shop.... (descriptions/links are clickable)

VALENTINO Garavani 80s Oliver Label Floral Linen/Cotton Pencil Skirt - Label Size IT44 UK 8/10

upload_2024-7-7_23-23-47.jpeg

CALLAGHAN Romeo Gigli Purple Vintage Vest/Waistcoat Button c.80s/90s - Label Size IT44, *approx UK 8/10 VFG
upload_2024-7-7_23-24-1.jpeg

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO 90s Shimmery Gold/Beige Soft Leather Jacket - UK Size 12/14 M
upload_2024-7-7_23-24-15.jpeg

Attachments

• FerragamoClutch.jpg
    FerragamoClutch.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 36
  • FerragamoClutch.jpg
    FerragamoClutch.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Editing to add this cool new addition from my shop!
VINTAGE 50s Novelty Print Day Dress- Mary Oliver Fabric Titled "Porto Fino"
Fabric created by Mary Oliver for Gayonnes Ltd. in 1952, titled "Porto Fino". The fabric and other creations from this designer are currently housed in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The delightful design features traditional fishing boats gently swaying near the port structures of Porto Fino, an attractive tourist spot on the coast of Genoa, Italy

VINTAGE 60s Day-Glo Pink Short Sleeve Italian Knit Sweater

VINTAGE 70s London Landmarks Souvenir Scarf 26" Square Made in Italy

From my sold archive-
VINTAGE 1970s Italian Leather Platform High Heels by "The Villager, Limelight, Made in Italy"
il_fullxfull.1919307984_t851.jpg
upload_2024-7-8_21-55-9.png

VINTAGE 1970s Leather & Faux Wood Platform Shoes by "Lady, Made in Italy"

il_fullxfull.2467091693_qd75.jpg
upload_2024-7-8_21-52-14.png

Last edited:
Back