MANHATTAN VINTAGE CLOTHING AND ANTIQUE TEXTILE SHOW

UBNYC

Registered Guest
Looking for feedback & suggestions regarding participation in the October 1 & 2 2004
MANHATTAN VINTAGE CLOTHING AND ANTIQUE TEXTILE SHOW
METROPOLITAN PAVILION 125 W. 18 TH ST NEW YORK

Would love to hear the experiences of others who have participated in this show - it will be my first time this year and I would love a head's up!

Thank you for sharing your experience & expertise with me,
Elin

It's been years and years since I did one of their shows, but as I recall, condition is crucial. And stick to your guns on prices. They will pay for top quality, but they sure fuss about it at Manhattan shows. At that time - a while ago, wearable was doing much better than Victorian/Edwardian unless the older pieces had a major label. I suspect designer labels are still very much in demand.

Hollis

I've never participated but I went to the one earlier this year. The stuff was GORGEOUS! Everything was really top notch and the prices were also up there. I couldn't afford anything! :(

Everyone's setup was done beautifully and it was pretty crowded. I think you should do well! There was one place - the name escepes me now, it's that place on Laight St... What Comes Around Goes Around?? Something like that. They had more velvet Pucci than I had ever seen in one place in my life!

I've had the same experience as Justiine. Been there, but not selling. Lovely stuff, expensive, but great just to see. Needless to say I didn't buy anything, being half Scottish and all. :D

kj

Back