marimekko suomi dress

Rhoos

Registered Guest
Can anyone tell me something about this dress? Age or collection of where i can find more information.
I just loved the print and i bought it secondhand more then 20 years ago.

Thank you :)
Roos

Attachments

• IMG20211109134655.jpg
    IMG20211109134655.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG20211109134621.jpg
    IMG20211109134621.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG20211109134555.jpg
    IMG20211109134555.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 115
Thank you. Yes this looks similar. I have to check the dress for the long label. I dont think its in the dress anymore...

I love Marimekko :hearteyes:!

What you have to keep in mind though - if there's a copyright year on the selvedge of the fabric, that only indicates the copyright year of the print - and the garment may be a lot newer. Marimekko loves to re-issue and reuse prints, often in new colourways (that also goes for the fabric you can buy). However, that much said, your label looks older.
This is a handy, searchable library of Marimekko prints: http://marimekko.kokoelma.fi/
I searched with "abstract" as pattern type and nothing else, and I think I found yours in a few different colourways and on different garments - Jokeri. If you choose that on the drop-down menu "Choose design", you can see the different examples. It was designed by Annika Rimala in 1967.
Maggie, yours I think is Keidas - same designer and same year.

Thanks for the information, i send also an email to the marimekko company with the photo's. I als think the dress is An old one...the fabric (cotton) is very stiff ,not really comfertable

Ohh what a great thread. I have only recently discovered Marimekko when I happened upon a little trio of vintage purses, such great prints!

Can anyone tell me something about this dress? Age or collection of where i can find more information.

Roos
Not sure if you got an answer yet but I had success identifying a dress by tweeting at Marimekko. They responded back quickly and told me the year, designer and pattern of this dress my mother wore in this photo.
upload_2022-1-22_18-17-2.png

Roos

Back