Need help/advice with a fur coat!?

Dolly13x

Registered Guest
I stumbled across this fur coat at an antique shop last year they didn't know what fur exactly it was but had to have it .. It's far to big for me and has just been stored for the past few months I've never even worn it.

I was advised by a gentleman today after showing him a picture that it could possibly be a gentlemans wolf fur coat but even he was unsure and told me to try and look it up on the Internet?

So here I've turned to you guys to see if anyone has anything they can tell me as I'm guessing your knowledge would be much greater than my own on this subject?

I'd preferably like to sell it as I don't wear fur and don't really have much use for this coat as beautiful as it is ( plus its far too big for me) if anyone could point me in the right direction of where I could sell it or get it valued ? Thanks a lot for anyone who can help me x
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 208
Looks like coyote to me from your pics. As you know, fur is not nearly as popular as it once was but I'm sure you can still sell it for a somewhat decent price. I'd check completed listings on ebay or do a search for similar coats to gauge price. The sleeves seem too short to be a man's coat, is there any other reason you believe this to be for man?

Aw thank you so much for replying Rita, it was literally the only advice I've been given so still none the wiser on weather it's a mans or ladies coat? It doesn't have a fastening at the front to even go by? It's a reasonably long coat if say at least 3/4 in length.. Ill look into coyote fur now :) thanks again x

You're welcome Dolly! Now that's odd, it should have a one or two metal furrier's clips or hooks/eyes. Hmmm, maybe try feeling for these along both sides, with thick fur like this sometimes they're hard to see or maybe they've been removed in which case you'd feel a little stump or something like that where they once were.

It's hard to tell the length from the pics but it doesn't appear to be full length. I'd call this stroller length if that's the case but the arm length seems to be too short for men.

Haha maybe it's just on me it seems full length.. I've had a feel of the coat and can't seem to see any form of fastening or what used to be there :/..
Ill take your advice and say its a ladies coat then thank you ever so much again.. Think I may need to find a furrier to get it valued or do you think it would be best to maybe just put it on the likes of eBay? X

I'm 5' tall, this would be f/l on me for sure too! Guess you can call it a clutch style coat seeing as there are no fastenings but I still find that odd for this style. If the arms are under 24" or thereabouts. I'd bill it as a ladies coat though it could easily be unisex and you never know, maybe the original owner was a man with short arms. Furriers will always overprice the value, ebay will be your best bet but I'd maybe wait until the fall to list it. If you ship INTL, be sure to check it's not prohibited as many countries disallow importing fur. Good luck!

Back