Need Help Confirming Designer w/o a Label Present. Possible John Galliano?

Dean and Monroe

Registered Guest
Hello,

I recently inherited this beautiful Wool, Floral Embroidered, Kimono Style coat. It is completely original and such a beautiful design including rhinestones and sequin accents. I was told the last owner of the item was well-off and that it is a vintage 80s/90s John Galliano piece, however there are NO labels attached as the last owner was known for removing all of her fashion labels. The garment itself is a beautiful piece in very good condition and very thick/heavy. Does anyone know of a way that I can confirm that is (or is not) in fact a John Galliano coat without the labels present? The designer label has been removed and there are no care/union tags anywhere. I have been searching on Google for hours! :S. Many thanks.

il_570xN.414616630_h6v0.jpg

I did a little searching to no avail...could be really hard to confirm! The style reminds me of Kashmiri/Indian embroidered jackets... http://tinyurl.com/aqvmxfb So, maybe a search to see if he did an Indian inspired collection at some point will head you closer. It's a beautiful coat!

I've also seen some older Betsey Johnson pieces recently on ebay with kind of similar embroidery, beads and sequins... If the owner dug Galliano, Betsey might have been up her alley as well!

Back