Need help identifying this garment’s make or age or anything!

tiger-lily

Registered Guest
Hello all!
Please let me know if this is inappropriate or the wrong way of posting, it’s my first time!
Recently my mum bought a beautiful pearlescent mini jacket from our local vintage store and unfortunately someone has cut out the labels besides a unique sizing label. I’ve tried googling and image searching and scouring the internet for anything but unfortunately I’ve been unlucky in my findings! I’ve left a picture below in case anyone recognises it!
Thank you for your help!!

Attachments

• IMG_5939.jpeg
    IMG_5939.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 71
It's beautiful! It looks to be a 1950's piece possibly late 50's. The little size tag is similar to a lot of other pieces out there, I am not sure anyone specifically used the little globe tag. In any case it is a classic design and style. The embellishments look intact and that is wonderful, a great find!

Thank you so much! We had a similar thought as well, having you say that helps to narrow it all down. Would you know about distinguishing traits or factors of places it could be made in terms of country or region?

Are the white beads and the pearly longish beads made of glass? Or plastic? It does look 50s 60s in style, but they made these again in the 1980s and early 1990s too. Does it zip up the front or does it have other closures?

Back