Need help to identify this special pantsuit ♥️

Aylina

Registered Guest
I need help identifying this great pantsuit. I have this suit and I don't know what year it is. Also, could someone help me with the label - maybe someone will recognize it? I would also like to sell the suit, what can I realistically ask for it? I look forward to answers and thank you so much for your help! ♥️

Attachments

• IMG_9926.jpeg
    IMG_9926.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9927.jpeg
    IMG_9927.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9928.jpeg
    IMG_9928.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9930.jpeg
    IMG_9930.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9931.jpeg
    IMG_9931.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9932.jpeg
    IMG_9932.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9933.jpeg
    IMG_9933.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 60
Hi there, what a great trouser suit! I love the classic dogtooth check and the high-waisted cut of the trousers with the pleating and buttons at the lower legs, and the ruched shoulders of the jacket - very stylish! I don't recognise the label, but I notice it was made in W. Germany, which helps a little with dating - West Germany reunited with East Germany on 3 October 1990, so it will be before then.

I can't really read the label, it looks a little like 'tage' at the end? My guess would be the suit is circa 1980s, possibly late 70s.

It looks very high style 80s to me. Odd that the faded tag says West Germany and the Star tag says Italy.
I would also like to sell the suit, what can I realistically ask for it?
Per forum rules, we are unable to authenticate or advise on value/pricing. Browsing eBay’s Sold category a give you an idea of what similar garments are actually selling for, which can be quite different from asking prices.

It looks very high style 80s to me. Odd that the faded tag says West Germany and the Star tag says Italy.
When I was looking at the tags, that appears to relate to the fabric so I think it means the fabric was made in Italy. I found this info from Bloomberg... "Star Stampa Tessuti Artistici SpA was founded in 1935. The Company's line of business includes manufacturing textile products".

Back