OT-Hilarious Vintage Handtowels--Hillbillys

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by sues*stuff, Jan 15, 2012.

1. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

[​IMG]

I am struggling my way through figuring out boxes and boxes of vintage linens that were my grandmothers. I know almost nothing about linens, so I am making extremely slow progress. I came across these two towels and they cracked me up, so I had to share.

Sue

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Ow, they are so funny! :hysterical:Vintage linens are great - my mother swears by them. Her mother left us with a lot of them - some she got for her marriage and never or rarely used, and some were even older, from her mother-in-law. Depending on the fabrics (some really was linen, some was cotton), my mom turned into all kinds of things... like kitchen towels (that hold up like no modern ones do), and even clothes - she died some of the fabrics for that. There are some people who sell this kind of thing at flea markets and antique fairs, and not at low prices.

Karin

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Too funny--the red pompoms take them right over the top!

thanks for sharing!

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Those are pretty unique! Thanks for sharing, they sure put a smile on my face!