pierre cardin label?

vintageboutique

Registered Guest
Hello!
I have two dresses with labels "Pierre Cardin".
I didn't find anywhere this labels. Can you help me dating them?
The care labels are written in japanese (I think).
Thank you very much.

I thought the Pierre Cardin Creation label ended on the 60s/70s cusp or around 1971 or 72 - ending about the time Mr. Cardin's hand wasn't on everything as it once was and the line started licensing. But correct me if I am wrong. It doesn't look like the same label as in the Resource, but that just could mean that it hasn't been submitted. On the other hand, the Japanese writing makes me wonder whether this was sold in the Japanese market (very highly possible) (and yes, that's Japanese writing) or its a faux Cardin. But again, maybe we'll see what others have to say. I don't think the Creation label was used in licensing ever but I could be wrong there, too.

The paper label makes me think it is a recreation maybe around the 80's. The styling of the first dress does seem 70's.

Sorry cant be more help.

-Chris

Can't help with a definitive answer on the label, but the first dress definitely looks early to mid 70s to me, while the second also looks 70s, but I think a bit later than the first, perhaps even into the early 80s (and I really like it--it looks very cozy!).

If my memory serves me the "P" only came out when with he started licensing. Hard to tell but the first one looks like a fairly straight cut and I would say very early 70s. The second one I would say late 70s.

Back