please help authenticate found Whiting and Davis Silver Mesh Purse

molly sheets

Registered Guest
Hi there!
I recently rediscovered a gem that was sitting in my closet I thrifted a couple years back. I’m having trouble authenticating the bag and was wondering if it was a fake since I don’t see any stamps on the metal.
I am not able to find any information on this particular bag and have come here for some help.
I would appreciate it if someone could please let me know,
  1. whether it is authentic
  2. and if so, from which period
Thank you very much :) and i’ve attached some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_9065.jpeg
    IMG_9065.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9066.jpeg
    IMG_9066.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9067.jpeg
    IMG_9067.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9070.jpeg
    IMG_9070.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 62
Newer Whiting Davis bags often have the name embossed on lining not the stamped metal or tag as one sees on the early bags. Newer... from 80s to present as Whiting Davis is still in business. I would guess that this one - and I'm not handling it just looking at your photos here - Y2K or so?

So you know, VFG doesn't authenticate here but provide information to help with the research.

Newer Whiting Davis bags often have the name embossed on lining not the stamped metal or tag as one sees on the early bags. Newer... from 80s to present as Whiting Davis is still in business. I would guess that this one - and I'm not handling it just looking at your photos here - Y2K or so?

So you know, VFG doesn't authenticate here but provide information to help with the research.

Thank you for your input! That is very helpful i’ll continue my search for some type of listing with those manufacture years! Thank you! <3

Back