Please help me date this Laura Ashley Dress and top

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Tally Ventress, Aug 8, 2024.

1. Tally Ventress

Tally Ventress Registered Guest

IMG_1850.jpeg IMG_1844.jpeg IMG_1852.jpeg IMG_1845.jpeg I purchased this laura ashley dress and matching top from the charity shop today for £5 for the both. I’m really struggling to date them both, the label is the same as the 1970 labels but it seems to be made in china. I can’t find an exact label match online.

Any help is appreciated!
    Thank you!

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Please add photos of the label and garment and I'm sure many here can help you. : )

3. Tally Ventress

Tally Ventress Registered Guest

done!

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

That dress is actually early-mid 90s not 70s. The label looks similar to the 70s LA label but they hung another label on the LA label that had fabric content, where made etc. And then there's the Made in China... that's 90s.

5. retro ruth

retro ruth Administrator Staff Member

Agree with 90s. The label is similar to this 1990s ones from the label resource, that has the same outline font on the main label , with a separate care label underneath.

[​IMG]

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Also, as a general rule of thumb, if its marked 'made in China' and it's not a Chinese-style garment like a cheong-sam, its post 1990. That's when China began to get into non state-owned clothing manufacturing, and after 1995 they were getting contracts for making Western brands. I would have thought this dress and blouse would be very late 1990s or into the early 2000s.

MagsRags, retro ruth and plousia like this.