Please help no brand or label just a small swatch in pocket with 7286

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Denise Grant, Sep 5, 2024.

1. Denise Grant

Denise Grant Registered Guest

Hi my name is Denise and im new here and i would like to say what an awesome website. so much information . I hope someone can help me with this , I have a vintage fur of my moms that has no tag label brand .the only thing I noticed was in the pocket a 4 digit number and the linning has some sort of crest mabe i dont know. i looked online and im a bit confused as to whether it is sheared Beaver or mouton if you need more photos please let me know .

fur1.jpg fur3.jpg fur4.jpg fur9.jpg fur11.jpg

furwise and BlackLotusVintage like this.
  2. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

Hi Denise and welcome to the VFG! You have a beautiful coat! It resembles both mouton and sheared beaver as you said. Mouton is heavier than sheared beaver, and sheared beaver is very very soft. If it has some weight to it, I would say mouton. I will link you to our fur resource which may provide additional insight, and I will tag our fur expert Caryn @furwise who will undoubtably be able to help.

3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

That’s an old dry cleaner tag. It would match the number on the receipt given to the owner for a chain of evidence.

4. furwise

furwise VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi Denise, Nice to have you here. Pretty jacket too. It is indeed mouton fur and that little number was a personal identifier that showed who the garment belonged to.

BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  5. Denise Grant

Denise Grant Registered Guest

So do you have any idea who the maker of the coat was so with the number in the pocket you mean that the coat was made especially for my mom?
    it is in exceptionally good condition i think my mom only wore it a couple times.