Please Help-Vintage Fur Coat

chrissie

Registered Guest
Hi ive just come across this site and thought id see if any of you are able to help me, my nan has given me a few coats and one of them looks to be real fur, id just like to find more information on it if anyone knows anything about it.
Its a very beautiful thick coat, the label says DeBella Fashion Perfect Furs, it feels real, my nan had it from her mum so its been around quite awhile now.
coat1_zps3fca575d.jpg

coat2_zpsb0766821.jpg

coat3_zps6360d392.jpg

The pictures dont seem to be showing its true colouring, mainly a fawny/light beige colour with reddish lines throughout it.
Hope someone can help me here

Thank you, ive had a look and i seem to think its Mink fur. Im not an expert so i still dont know for sure but the fur looks more like the mink one than any others

Welcome to the VFG Chrissie! We need a clearer pic of the full coat to help you assess fur type. The hairs seem to be a bit longer, mink is short haired - maybe muskrat or marmot?

I'm still thinking muskrat or marmot, perhaps you could do a search for those and compare your coat Chrissie? I'm leaning toward muskrat because of the color but all furs can be dyed.

Back