1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2024

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by Ranch Queen Vintage, Jan 1, 2024.

1. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Good evening, I would like to provide some details on this label. It corresponds to the ready-to-wear line "S de Schiaparelli", the only collection of which, to my knowledge, dates from 1984. And was not at all created by Serge Lepage.

Does this information apply to this label?

2. BigMunnyMunro

BigMunnyMunro Registered Guest

White and black “Dalmatian” pattern 1980s(?)
    “Genetic” branded short sleeve button down shirt

I can find no information about this brand online and my searches for other examples from this brand have turned up dry. I have no idea if it was actually produced in the 1980s however it most closely fits the style of the 80s so that’s my best guess. I acquired this shirt from my school’s theatre department while they were downsizing their costume collection so I have no idea where it originally came from. I suspect it may have been a sample or pre production design because the only tag it has besides the main one is small and looks to have had a code hand stamped onto it with no other details.

Thank you for your submission.

3. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Oui ! :)

Thank you, corrected in the Label Resource

denisebrain likes this.
  4. ShabbyKathy

ShabbyKathy Registered Guest

This wonderful "swing" jacket has been in my wardrobe for literally decades! I have tried on occasion to learn more about the labels, but have never had any luck.

Attached Files:

5. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Louis Feraud jacket (by André Peters London) English license from the 60s.
    Added to the LR 8/26/24
    Thank you, PL!

6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I have a 40s jacket in my personal wardrobe with a Juilliard label, and was inspired by @ShabbyKathy 's post about hers to see what I could find out. My best recollection from seeing vintage magazine ads over the years was that Juilliard was the maker of the fabric, not the garment, similar to Forstmann.

Quick & dirty photo of my jacket - I believe it is earlier than Kathy's
    juilliardjacket-2.jpg

My label
    juilliardlabel.jpg

And the bio I wrote based on my digging, hopefully not TMI:

Augustus D. Juilliard is best remembered as the millionaire music lover and philanthropist whose death in 1919 led to the founding of the Juilliard School of Music in New York City. But he was the son of immigrants, and in his 30s, worked in the garment industry in NYC for a textile manufacturer with mills in Fulton, New York. When they went bankrupt in 1874, he bought what remained of the company, and started A.D, Juilliard & Co, making high end woolens, as well as importing and distributing other textiles. Juilliard Woolen Mills expanded elsewhere in New York State during the panic of 1893, with the purchase of another bankrupt mill in Stottville. Juilliard Woolens did well through the first half of the 20th century. Their registered trademark was “Fine fabrics are the foundation of fashion”, and garments made with their fabrics were sold at high end department stores including Bonwit Teller, Frederick & Nelson, Lord & Taylor, and J.W. Robinson. The fabrics were also available by the yard to home sewers. Juilliard Woolens went out of business in 1953, and the mills were shut down, at a time when the textile industry was foundering in the northeastern US.

7. ShabbyKathy

ShabbyKathy Registered Guest

Because both of our labels address the Wool content, it would make perfect sense that it is referring to the fabric. Thank you for your insight and knowledge!

MagsRags likes this.
  8. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Cravate/Lavallière Jean Cacharel fin des années 60 début 70
    Added to the LR 9/01/24
    Thank you, PL!

9. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

70s Polo Jacques Esterel
    Added to the LR 9/01/24
    Thank you, PL!

10. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Cravate Paco Rabanne 70s

Attached Files:

11. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Chemise homme Courreges, début des années 80

Attached Files:

12. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Cleaning up some files, and came across a few labels I don't think we have in the LR

H Bar C western shirt, late 60s

Also H Bar C, 70s Tomboy denim bell bottoms

ADDED TO THE LR 9-10-24, THANKS MAGGIE!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2024 at 9:13 AM