question about a particular piece

Halli Villegas

Registered Guest
Hi I am a new member. I allready have a question. I have a cotton dress with the label Margo Walters inside. The reason I am particularly interested in finding out more information about this dress is because of the unusual fabric. It is cotton, black background with a print of white kittens playing with white and yellow balls of yarn forming a sort of abstract pattern. The dress itself has a fitted bodice with a scalloped neckline with pearl and black buttons on one side (three), the skirt is full, the sleeves are short and shirred at the top. It has yellow piping around the neckline as well. It literally is in mint condition, crisp as new when I found it, no fading tears or any other signs of wear. I hand washed it and hung it dry as it had been in a plastic bag at the back of a dirty used clothing store. I am now going to try and price it but have no idea what the hell I have as I am very new to this. Any ideas?

If you post a picture we can help with a title. Good novelty prints can dowell. I haven't heard of the name. You may want to check the Label Resource.

Welcome!

Sounds like a very interesting novelty print, and like Kelly says, novelty prints can make something collectible even if the designer isn't as well know if it is older. I did a quick check and it is not a name in our label resource.

If you can post a picture, it might bring you some more info. If you have a scanner and can scan the label or take a snap of it, and take a photo of the dress, that would really help.

If you click on "post reply" under the last response to this message rather than using the quick text box at the bottom, you will see a place to browse for a photo and upload something once you have it on your computer.

this board also supports html, so if you have photos and have a photo host, you can use that as well.

just let us know if you need any help! :)

Chris

Hi and welcome!

I just bought a dress with a Margo Walters label and am trying to find
some info on this.

Novelty prints have quite a following and kittens are always popular.

Would love to see a pic!

Sue

I will send pictures this weekend if at all possible. I am moving so crazy. Also have a short coat with a red saftey pin print that I need help with. Probably early sixties, but barkcloth style fabric.
Hope to post pictures of both.:hiya:

nuthin on google...

Back