Riding Jacket Dating help. Equestrian Correct Made in USA

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by IM_Jme, Aug 29, 2024.

1. IM_Jme

IM_Jme Registered Guest

Another item I recently picked up and I am stumped to date this jacket Labeled Equestrian Correct Riding Apparel with Made in USA and no other label or fabric content shown. I can find similar from 80’s and 90’s listed BUT they all carry additional care or fabric tags! It is a wonderful lightweight - Summer weight wool and definitely an acetate lining. Really beautifully made! I am thinking 70’s.

Thank you for any help.
    Jamie [Shop name removed by moderator please read the rules]
    IMG_3451.jpeg IMG_3451.jpeg IMG_3510.jpeg IMG_3511.jpeg IMG_3452.jpeg IMG_3453.jpeg IMG_3458.jpeg IMG_3456.jpeg

Andrii likes this.
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is a beautiful jacket. I am out of my element on more modern riding attire, but I might place this is the 1960s. I am sure others will chime in.

IM_Jme likes this.
  3. Andrii

Andrii Registered Guest

It gives me late 1960s - early 1970s vibes, but I wouldn’t call myself an expert. The text based care tags became mandatory in US in 1972, so the absence of care tags is another vote for that timeline. Of course if they weren’t removed. The label is throwing me off a bit though. But as for the styling I think 70s is a safe guess. What I can say for sure it is made after 1967 as it’s RN number issued in 1967 according to a RN number online calculator.

retro ruth, IM_Jme and plousia like this.
  4. IM_Jme

IM_Jme Registered Guest

Thank you so much!

Andrii likes this.