Safinia Dress

listitcafe

Registered Guest
Daring to be different and post on public side today.... Trying to research a dress I have... The label reads Safinia Saks Fifth Avenue Exclusive....

The fabric on this dress reminds me KOOS VAN DEN AKKER or COOGI.... Anyone know of Safinia?

Safiniadressjpg

Safiniadress2.jpg

safiniafab.jpg

safiniatag.jpg

well, maybe one of the experts will come by who has seen it before. There are a few ladies very well versed in fashions of that exact time frame on this board, so perhaps they will be here sooner or later and give you some real info.

Chris, I found the same as you and Chris (patent) found on this label, so
I can't add anything.

This is lovely though.....pink, cool fabric and is it a wiggle dress? (hard to tell in the pics)

Sue

wiggle dress...really emphasizes an hourglass figure....mostly 50s era. a lot of times a sheath dress, but many times with darting, etc to greatly emphasis the curves. (i.e. show the wiggle of the caboose when one walks). smaller waist compared to the hips/bust. To me, this has more of a touch of mod than it does a touch of a wiggle dress.

I am thinking the manni's leg position is just making it more conforming to the hips than it is?

Yeah it is more of a mod feel to it... It almost has an empire waist..Its a listtle too loose to be a wiggle dress

Back