Scarf logo help please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Dilly Day, Jul 20, 2024.

1. Dilly Day

Dilly Day Registered Guest

Would anyone recognise the logo on this scarf? I've tried searching online but can't find anything. Not sure if the scarf is silk or synthetic and there is nowhere I can take threads from to test. The edges appear to be rolled and hand stitched. I've always had a fondness for equestrian style scarves (goes back to my pony mad childhood!) so couldn't resist this one from a charity shop today!
    Any help would be appreciated.

20240720_164450.jpg 20240720_164600.jpg 20240720_164631.jpg 20240720_164732.jpg 20240720_164734.jpg

2. LabelQuery

LabelQuery Registered Guest

I really don’t know - but since no one has chimed in yet, my first thought is that it would be worth looking into if this may have been an iteration of a museum logo. The way that the logo is formatted (using a historical image, appearing to be screen printed, ambiguously branded) reminds me of something that would be offered in a museum gift shop - it seems too nice to just be a no-name piece in the style of Hermes, but not branded in the way you’d expect of a mid-range piece. If I’m wrong about that lion being screen printed though, disregard!

3. plousia

plousia Registered Guest

I tried doing a reverse image search on the logo and similar images came up, but no match.

4. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

I searched the trademark image data base and did not find it-
    upload_2024-7-25_16-43-29.png

5. Dilly Day

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply - I think the lion is screen printed. I have searched for ages but wasn't able to find anything either. The museum is a thought but I would have thought the logo would have shown up in searches if so. Will investigate further!

6. Dilly Day

Thanks - it's a mystery!

BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  7. Dilly Day

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I was sure I would find it but have had no luck in my searches!

8. LabelQuery

LabelQuery Registered Guest

I think there’s a few possible scenarios it might not pop up in a search if it’s a museum - one, there are a lot of museums that aren’t large enough to have the kind of online footprint that will pop to the top of Google image searches (think about all of the museums just on college and university campuses, museums dedicated to historical sites rather than freestanding collections, local art museums and so on - when I lived in the Northeast there were at least 50 museums within an hour’s drive of me). In the US, there are a huge number, and then of course many many more around the world. And then it could also be that it’s an older logo that might have been changed since. Or that it’s too close to other lion images that will show up higher given various other algorithmic factors. Again, I don’t know - but given the logo is screen printed I think it’s less likely to be the branding of the scarf manufacturer because the scarf itself seems higher quality - if it was the manufacturers branding, I’d expect correspondingly higher quality branding, like a sewn tag, or for it to be incorporated into the weave of the pattern - and more likely the logo was added by someone like a museum or university, or for a corporate gift of some kind. But I’m definitely not sure.

MagsRags likes this.