Searching for Jebaily-Lonschein

KJebailyA

Registered Guest
Hello All!

I am searching for any pieces that were part of the Jebaily-Lonschein label. My grandfather and great-uncle were in business with Julius Lonschein. I believe they began the Diana Dean label together, but, at some point, it became Diana Dean by Julius Lonschein. I would love to find any pieces of Diana Dean before that transition. Or if anyone knows of any other Jebaily-Lonschein pieces, I would be very grateful!

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the VFG forums! I see that one of our members, Susan of Northstar Vintage currently has a 70s Diana Dean by Julius Lonschein jumpsuit listed on Etsy. Do you have any idea what decade the label shifted from Diana Dean to the later Lonschein version? We don't currently have your Diana Dean in our Label Resource - any help you can offer to get your family's history - and labels - added would be wonderful.

Thank you for the warm welcome! So here is what I know so far about their partnership: I believe their partnership began in the 1930s. I found an ad in Vogue from 1938 for a Jebaily-Lonschein robe (a pdf of the advertisement is attached). I think the label shifted in the late 1950s. I have attached a pic that I found from their showroom on Madison Ave. circa 1946-1947. What is interesting is that you can sort of see the end of "Dean" in the picture to the upper left. All of the vintage Diana Dean I have found is from the 60s and beyond and has the Diana Dean by Julius Lonschein tag (just like the one from the link you sent). I know they made robes from the Everglaze fabric produced by Joseph Bancroft & Sons that was popular at the time. Here is a link for a picture of a robe produced by them in 1953 (https://digital.hagley.org/1972430_0046). That's basically all I have. Unfortunately, they have all long passed so I can't ask any questions. I don't know if that helps much! I've been trying to find labels or business cards passed down through the family, but I don't think they have any.

Attachments

• Jeb-Lon Pic.jpg
    Jeb-Lon Pic.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Print_ Vogue Archive _ February 15 1938.pdf
    Print_ Vogue Archive _ February 15 1938.pdf
    300.7 KB · Views: 8
Back