Searching for Made in Newfoundland

Newfoundlandia

Registered Guest
Hi! I do not know who maybe knowledgable in Canadian made vintage, but I am searching specifically for items made in Newfoundland and Labrador. Tags may be marked, "Made in Newfoundland" "Made in Newfoundland, Canada", " St. John's, NFLD", "Made in NFLD", " or "Made in (random town name), Newfoundland".

I have found some around my hometown and pieces online (Ebay, Poshmark, Etsy etc.). However, I am looking for really anything as I am interested in vintage locally produced garments; especially for information on vintage small brands I may not have discovered yet. So far, brand wise, I know of/have come across Nonia, Grenfell Handicrafts, Woof Designs, AJH Crafts, and Specialty Tailoring St. John's (only ever saw one item so not sure if an actual brand).

I am always interest in "Made in Canada" vintage items as well, or really any information about past Canadian manufactured clothing, shoes, or accessories from smaller labels.

Aside from Nonia and Grenfell, I think the only label I have come across was a furrier's label in a sealskin coat from the 1960s -- sorry, I don't remember what it was and we didn't keep it because the sealskin was drying out and cracking. You picked a place that will be difficult to find much!

Hi! I do not know who maybe knowledgable in Canadian made vintage, but I am searching specifically for items made in Newfoundland and Labrador. Tags may be marked, "Made in Newfoundland" "Made in Newfoundland, Canada", " St. John's, NFLD", "Made in NFLD", " or "Made in (random town name), Newfoundland".

I have found some around my hometown and pieces online (Ebay, Poshmark, Etsy etc.). However, I am looking for really anything as I am interested in vintage locally produced garments; especially for information on vintage small brands I may not have discovered yet. So far, brand wise, I know of/have come across Nonia, Grenfell Handicrafts, Woof Designs, AJH Crafts, and Specialty Tailoring St. John's (only ever saw one item so not sure if an actual brand).

I am always interest in "Made in Canada" vintage items as well, or really any information about past Canadian manufactured clothing, shoes, or accessories from smaller labels.
Forgot to add the Vogue Furriers Label I am also familiar with (do not believe they actually manufactured their own furs products)

Aside from Nonia and Grenfell, I think the only label I have come across was a furrier's label in a sealskin coat from the 1960s -- sorry, I don't remember what it was and we didn't keep it because the sealskin was drying out and cracking. You picked a place that will be difficult to find much!
Thanks anyways. Too bad fish oil couldn't help you with the drying and cracking

Back